Thread: I have to gripe
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #11
IrvineFriend

Re: I have to gripe

Hi Linn,

I find the bra from the hospital VERY comfortable. I'm mainly looking for another bra to shower in so I can keep the one given to me to use during the day and so I can wash it while wearing the other. As I posted in another post, I'm still in a lot of pain and can't go without the bra on for more than a couple minutes unless I'm taking pain pills which I'm limiting as much as possible. There are stores that specialize in bras for mastectomy patients but like most things, will probably require you to make a trip. American Cancer Society will be able to give you their locations. I personally wouldn't buy one online as I would really want to know how it feels first.

I think I'm opting for TCH vs. ACTH, then radiation and then finish the year on herceptin. Initially I wanted to go with ACTH based on a paper written that showed a slight improvement rate, but I also don't want to compromise my cardiac function so I can ensure I can still do the year on herceptin. I've been a runner all my life so I don't expect any issues from my MUGA tomorrow, but I also like the longer rest periods that TCH offers between treatments vs. ACTH. What are you planning on doing?

I think the 40-minute drive would probably be worth it for the class. They cover all kinds of topics like applying eyebrows, dealing with eyelashes, and using makeup and different products to improve skin appearance. I've been also very down on myself as I have a nice wardrobe that I'm not able to wear and some days I'm too tired and sore to mess with my makeup, etc.

I get the feeling numb to feeling like crying as well. I do read the success stories on here, and it really HELPS me. The fact that you are on here, and reaching out tells me you are a fighter, and that is going to go a long way.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

XO
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote