Thread: Exercise
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #6
Paula O

Re: Exercise

Thx for sharing this info, Lizbeth. I had no idea insurance would pay for that--glad it worked out for you!

I think a biggie for all of us is regular weight bearing exercise like daily walking. Our bones take a big hit with chemo and hormone blockers. I had the bones of a much younger woman as per a bone density test prior to cancer and osteopenia after cancer treatment. Ah well...part of the cost of doing what I gotta do. Thankfully my November bone density test was stable from last year to this year, I'd sure like to avoid osteoporosis and fractures if possible. I'm taking "Bone Up" (Calcium, Vit D3, magnesium, etc plus extra Vit D3 as recc by my doc because my Vit D blood levels are low ). You guys getting bone denstity tests as part of your "Well Woman" check ups? I'd be interested to hear what others are doing to help bone health, esp dosages of supps. It seems many women with breast cancer have low Vit D levels and I saw a study that low Vit D impacts survival rate. Anybody have good info on Vit D supplementation relating to breast cancer?

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote