View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
chekmark

Re: no appetite.......

I was the same. Couldn't eat a thing. My husband was so worried he wanted me to go into the hospital and get an IV. He made me drink carnation instant breakfast. Loaded with protein and nutrients. If I had a better day I would force myself to eat. The thought of food was horrible. It will get better. The initial shock and fear is just so overwhelming. Hard boiled eggs, yogurt any thing easy that just kind of slides down as gross as that sounds. Good luck and in a year when your appetite comes back and u r feeling pretty good u will wish it hadn't. Ha ha. Mine came back with a vengeance. I started craving things I never even liked before. Still hate sweet potatoes tho. Lol. This to shall pass. Hang in there. We r here for u. Darlene
DX Sept 30 2010 at the age of 49. Oh crap! 1.5 cm idc, stage 1 grade 3 er/pr+, her2+ no lymph nodes, mastectomy Oct/10. Started 6 rounds of TCH Dec/10 and will continue herceptin until Nov /11 and just started femara.
Stray kitten found my lump while I was playing with it. It is now my pet and my dog is not real happy about that.
Mammo good
last herceptin 11/21/11 YAY
reconstruction 12/09/11
Chapter closed 12/10/11, hopefully, fingers crossed
Bone scan, chest xray, clear
04/27/12 Expander removed, implant put in, ahh sigh of relief, much more comfortable
Sept 30, 2014, 4 years NED
chekmark is offline   Reply With Quote