View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #11
Ruth

Re: Question/ sister now diagnosed

Joanne - thank you so much for your kind words. I won't have Emma tested for a long, long time regardless of what my results are. They told me as much at Oncologists office that she is way too young and the knowledge of different types of testing is growing yearly. We don't know what they can learn in 10-15 years from now. From what I understood from the genetic counselor was that my Mom or Dad could be the carrier of the BRCA gene and actually my two boys can be tested for it should I be positive (still no results yet). We have no plans for that either since it really depends on my sisters and my own results on where to go from there. The great news is my sisters tumor ended up being tubular carcinoma and from what I understand it is the slowest and most non-aggressive type of BC. Of course totally different than us Her2 ladies and gents. Weird how two sisters can have 180 degree different types of BC. But since both of us were under 50 when diagnosed the risk is greater for a genetic match.Again, thank you so much for responding to my worries. I will update when I know more. All of you are such wonderful supportive people and we are truly blessed to have this support group to come to.
Xoxox, Ruth

Diagnosed 6/03 nursing daughter
Dose dense A/C 4x
Modified rad mast 8/03
IDC; 3 cm; 10+/16 nodes; ER/PR-; Her2+++
Weekly taxol w/Herceptin (off label) 12x's
40 weeks Herceptin
Radiation 33x
Reconstruction w/ implants 05 & 07
NED
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote