View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Kellennea

stupid Tamoxifen

About a month ago I had a very bad pain in my right ovary area, which I thought was strange because I haven't had a cycle since my first chemo treatment almost 2 years ago. Then i started spotting... it was time for my annual girlie exam so I mentioned it to my primary care doc who immediately ordered an ultra sound... a week later I received a call informing me that my lining was excessively thick and I had a 6cm complex cyst on my right ovary. I was referred to a Gyno oncologist and my entire world started spinning before me. At work we had just lost a client to ovarian cancer the Sunday before the call I received that Monday.

I called my oncologist right away and she got me in with one of the top Gyno oncologist. I decided on a complete abdominal hyterectomy, I wasn't taking any chances considering the side effects of Tamoxifen.

I had my surgery on Sept 7th and thank goodness everything came back benign!!! I am healing well, 30 staples removed and finally able to sleep on my side

I have been off of Tamoxifen for about a month now and ive noticed that I do not have any
more muscle or joint pain, I'm less moody and ive lost 8 pounds

I know I'm gonna have to go back on something when I go see my oncologist this week. So sad that the things that help us fight this dreaded disease take so much from us.
11/3/10 -2.5cm tumor removed via lumpectomy, clear margins. sentinal node biopsy - nodes clear!
12/2/10 - port placement
12/2/10 to 3/17/11 - 6 rounds of taxotere, carboplatin & herceptin every 3rd week.
04/20/11 - 6/6/11 - 33 rounds of radiation
4/6/11 to 11/2/11 - 11 additional rounds of herceptin every 3rd week
7/15/11 - port removal
7/5/11 started my 5 year journey on Tamoxifen
9/4/11 -1 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
9/5/12 -2 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
8/29/12 - Started spotting after being in chemopause 1.5 years. Ultra sound detected 6cm ovary mass & very thick lining. YIKES! Taken off Tamoxifen
9/6/12 - Full abdominal hysterectomy. Pathology report came back clean... thank you baby Jesus!!
9/28/12 - Started Anastrozole
Kellennea is offline   Reply With Quote