View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #39
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Oh yeah, and about that bad leg...

I hear you!

I remember one doc telling me about my recurrence. Slowly, morosely and stammering he said,What you have is inoperable. Incurable. And -- you will be on long term chemotherapy -- for the rest of your life. He was desolate and stricken by my turn of events. I thought he was going to cry.

Wereas, Doc #2 told me, You are young. I was then 53. I laughed. And in good health. I thought, Seriously? Except for the canser thing throughout my liver, I'm fresh as a daisy. Oh, and not having surgery is probably a good thing, he went on, cause then you'll be stronger to take the chemo. Incurable?, he proceeded. canser is a chronic disease, with occasional flare ups. We fix you up, and then you're good to go.

So, your anesthesiologist sounds like my kind of man!!!!Hold on to that one...

Storm the beach and get your Perjeta... Damn the insurance company. You are unstoppable.

Even with all your bad news (like white stew????) etc., you never fail to make me smile. You're full of Light. Divine!

I'd say, One step at a time, but with your leg, I am hoping you are a good hopper... Bet you are!
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote