View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #34
chrisy

Re: Oh yeah, and about that bad leg...

Update, kinda long, some parts might be TMI so skip that part if you want. Basically things going in the right direction today, feeling better and they are letting me eat now. Seems the dinner menu so far is stew, white or brown every day.

A very fun day at Casa Parnassas! I've completely lost track of how many doctors I've seen now, but my favorite one has to be the anesthesiologist who, while discussing the risks, says that although theres the liver mets, I was very YOUNG and healthy my risks of anesth complications was really low. I want some of whatever he's juicing!

First, thank you so much for the prayers and messages of support. I feel awash in love, which always makes me cry.. The good way.

CAUTION, ICKY PART This morning I had a procedure where they drained a big abscess, which hopefully give the antibiotics and my own immune system more of a fighting chance. And reduce some of the pressure and related pain in my calf. Of course there is still a ton of inflammation in the tissue so lower leg still swollen and painful...before considering the actual original offending injury!

So will be more hospital days and long recovery but hopefully we can knock out the infection and get back to focusing on the cancer thing. Talk about one step at a time (for you, Flori!).

GOOD NEWSIES
In their test ordering frenzy, my oncologist ordered a brain MRI, the only thing they didn't have current. Looks like the MRI shows I still have nothing going on upstairs! And I have finally achieved a goal, actually falling asleep in the MRI, being jolted awake when the noise STOPPED! Strange days, indeed.

Lani - original injury, torn planaris muscle/tendon was around April 15. Stepping off a curb. Cipro was I think in last week in June. Reinjury was August 11, definitely plantari but as you know I do not yet have current MRI. So the reinjury, while having clear source event, might have been also fueled by the cipro

AND THE PERJETA OFFENSIVE IS STILL ON, JUST NEED TO FUEL THE TROOPS (ME). So thanks for the suggestions - I intend to load up the arsenal!

Love to all
Chris
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote