View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #20
Alycen

Re: Metastatis Breast Cancer - Herceptin required

Hello, I am new to this message board as well. I too am Triple Positive. When 1st diagnosed in March 2012, went right into chemo...Carboplatin, Taxotere and Herceptin, once every 3 weeks. My 4+ cm breast tumor, having completed my chemo...is not UNDETECTABLE. By physical exam and by sonogram. Herceptin will continue once every 3 weeks until next March. Surgery at the end of the month...a lumpectomy now instead of a mastectomy. 30 days later, will start 30 days of radiation. M-F for 6 weeks. Dropped all sugar from our diet, home cooked meals, no processed foods, also working with a nutrionist. Dropped 20 pounds and the tumor can't be found so I'm good with it!
+++ Positive, 3/2012, breast cancer, chemo of Carboplatin, Taxotere & Herceptin once every 3 weeks. Nearly 2" tumor now UNdetectable. Starting Herceptin once every 3 weeks on 8/20/2012 until next March. When they talked surgery in March, it was nothing but a mastectomy. Now surgery will be a Lumpectomy August 2012, followed up with 30 radiation treatments. Surgery complete, waiting on pathology report from remains of tumor and 2 nodes that they removed.
Alycen is offline   Reply With Quote