Thread: Question?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #18
Lani

Re: Question?

perhaps I did not express myself well (third time trying to poat it and all) or maybe Rolepaul misinterpreted me

I had no problem with them getting brain MRIs if only 1 or 2 in 100 found a tumor that could be treated and change the course/ time course of the disease. I put in x times which is the problem-- it is unknown how many times/how often you would have to do MRI scans to pick up the tumors in time to have meaningful treatment. Would one need scans once a year, twice a year, every month?? Multiplying 1 to 2 in 100 by how many times the test needed to be done might result in one positive test for every 10000scans performed if tests were performed often enough(say 50 scans) Noone knows at present how frequently they need to be done to catch things in time.

. That is what I see the problem is and why we need a test which more people can access (worldwide, the minority of people have access to MRI testing) , can be repeated frequently if it is found that is needed, and hopefully whose cost allows such frequent testing. I do not believe a value can be placed on human life so my problem is not with the cost, but with how often it need be done and making the test accessible to as many as possible.
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote