Thread: TDM-1 news
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #19
fullofbeans

Re: TDM-1 news

Thanks all for the good words. My platelets are on the way back 117 almost 2 weeks after the treatment. Therefore likely to be over 150 by week 3.

Phil how long after the treatment were Lorraine's platelets checked? was that after the 3 weeks prior to the next treatment?

Mine went low 5 days after 1st tdm1 IV but we only found out by accident because of the angioplasty planned procedure.

Having the angiop. this coming Tuesday and really hoping that my face wil be normal again. And surely the fact that more blood will go to the heart as oppose to being pushed to my face will help my body generally and my heart having to pump less.

Good to know that the dose is working at lower level too. I eat plenty of oily fish and veg, I have no doubt that my diet is adequate, if only by the way I feel mentally. 18 months that is nice news to hear, I've always think weekly IV is better: repeat bashing of cancer.. inconvenient but better what ever works

I hope that me and Michka respond to TDM1 too, it is hard to tell between symptoms and everything else going my breathing got worse a week after tdm1 but it seems to have ease up now a bit now or at least it is def not not getting worse since last week. have had blood clot issue so it could have been that.

I had a skin rash coming upon my breast and looked like skin mets but the day after had another patch on my kidney then another patch on my leg with few pimples here and there.. which did not fit the criteria. I was worried )although with eveything that has been happening I was quite calm about it, funny how one adapts) but not anymore. Never heard of skin rash as side effect tho.

That is the news for now next tdm1 next thursday.

35 y/o
June 06: BC stage I
Grade 3; ER/PR neg
Her-2+++; lumpectomies

Aug 06: Stage IV
liver mets: 6 tumours
July 06 to Jan 07: 2*FEC+6*Taxotere; 3*TACE; LITT
March 07- Sept 07: Vaccination trial (phase 2, peptide based) at the UW (Seattle).
Herceptin since 2006
NED til Oct 09
Recurrence Oct 2009: to internal mammary gland since October 2009 missed on Oct and March 2010 scan.. palpable nodes in May 2010 when I realised..
Nov 2011:7 mets to lungs progressing fast failed hercp/tykerb/xeloda combo..

superior vena cava blocked: stent but face remains puffy

April 2012: Teresa Trial, randomised to TDM1
Nov 2012 progressing on TDM1
Dec 2012 blockage of my airways by tumours, obliteration of these blocking tumours breathing better but hoping for more- at mo too many tumours to count in the lungs and nodes.

Dec 2012 Starting new trial S-222611 phase 1b dual egfr her2+ inhibitor.

'Under no circumstances should you lose hope..' Dalai Lama
fullofbeans is offline   Reply With Quote