View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Unregistered

Re: List Of Breast Cancer Cell Lines

Lani: I'm writing a grant where i need a panel of breast cancer cells with various combinations of ER, HER2, and PR status. It looks like I could use your help. I'm a little confused about the cell lines that you mentioned and their expression of ER, HER2, and PR. According to: Subik K, Lee JF, Baxter L, Strzepek T, Costello D, Crowley P, Xing L, Hung MC, Bonfiglio T, Hicks DG, Tang P. The Expression Patterns of ER, PR, HER2, CK5/6, EGFR, Ki-67 and AR by Immunohistochemical Analysis in Breast Cancer Cell Lines. Breast Cancer (Auckl). 2010 May 20;4:35-41 and Yezhelyev MV, Al-Hajj A, Morris C, Marcus AI, Liu T, Lewis M, Cohen C, Zrazhevskiy P, Simons JW, Rogatko A, Nie S, Gao X, O’Regan RM. In situ molecular profiling of breast cancer biomarkers with multicolor quantum dots. Adv. Mater. 2007, 19, 3146–3151; MCF-7 is positive or negative for HER2, MDA-MB-453 is negative for HER2, MDA-MB-231 is negative for HER2. There are additional discrepancies. The Subik paper is open access on the web and should give people more info regarding ER status. If you or others can help me, my e-mail is eversdl@comcast.net. Thanks!