Thread: Crossroads
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
7andcounting

Re: Crossroads

Hi Cool Breeze,

3 years ago I spent a month in the hospital having 4 surgeries due to my cancer. Part of this time I was in ICU. By the time I was put on regular recovery floor I could barely function. I was on oxygen and could only get around using a walker. My body was so beaten up! Also woke up from one surgery to see my arm swollen with lymphadema.

All that to say that was a long time ago and I went on to function normally---albiet while continuing to fight daily with this disease. A month is a long time. Your body can do a lot of healing in that time. If you don't have any more setbacks I hope that you would be able to handle your job that you so enjoy. You sound like a very valued member of your school. Having ajob where you are appreciated can do a lot to lift one's spirits.

You have been through a really difficult time. It feels like you won't get back to being like you were before, but I think there is a good chance that you will. Hopefully you will see gradual improvement. You are a fighter. Hang in there!
7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote