Thread: Crossroads
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
chemteach

Re: Crossroads

I'm not Stage IV, but I love my job at my high school too, and like you, am very good at what I do. The students have been on this journey with me since the beginning of the school year when I had my mastectomy and missed several days. They've seen my hair fall out and have watched me weaken from the chemo. I have been back at work because they bring a bit of normalcy back into this disruption. I stay in my classroom and teach all day, and it is the students who inspire me and give me something to do even when I'm worn out by 3:15 every day. Everyone has been so understanding and good to me. I know they would to you too because you're very good at your job. You might feel strong enough by the end of the month to try to go back. You love your job, it's a great school, you are valued there. It might help in your recovery if you feel strong enough to be there.

Putting kids through college will keep us in debt for many many years. Our youngest of five will graduate next year. The tuition costs and parent loans are prohibitive at our salaries, so I understand that concern. Somehow, you will get college paid for and you will have enough money to live.

What's important right now is you and how strong and how well you feel about doing something you love.
9/19/2011 Started TCH every 3 weeks, TC for six cycles, Herceptin for 1 year

May all of your dreams bloom like daisies in the sun....
chemteach is offline   Reply With Quote