View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #23
'lizbeth

Re: Lower back pain - when to worry?

I had a pain like that, right between my shoulder blades. At night the muscles would tighten around my ribcage and I would wake up in pain and hardly breathing. Then I would get up and walk around and the pain would ease significantly. I was taking 10 Advil a day.

After 2 years of chiropractic treatment I tried accupunture out of desparation. Amazing - in 6 treatments the pain disappeared and I was sleeping through the night. Best money I ever spent.

I'm no doctor, but in my experience a majority of people suffer from low back pain. Is this the area in your body where you store tension? Does work or other activities affect your back and hips? My husband suffers from similar pain - he needs to stretch regularly and workout to keep it pain free.

Have you tried receiving bodywork, such as circulatory (swedish) massage or deep tissue sculpting? Thai massage and Sensory repatternings techniques can also help relieve pain and muscle tension. I use several of these techniques on my husband and he is always amazed at how easy it is for me to help him become pain free.

Before and during cancer treatment I would spend too much time worrying - now if I have a problem I procrastinate less on seeking help to resolve it. But I hear you, every prolonged ache & pain can be stressful until we hear the all okay from our medical team.

Congratulations on your 4 year cancerversary. Wishing you many, many healthy years.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease

Last edited by 'lizbeth; 12-28-2011 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: typos
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote