View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
emmastarr

Re: Last herceptin tomorrow!

My infusion has just finished!! My nurse has just left. I would like to thank you all for your messages, you always make me feel better.
I agree, Becky, it will really hit me in 3 weeks time when I don't get my fix- will have to make sure I have something nice planned to take my mind off of it! Becky, I did read somewhere that you mentioned what supplements you were taking and dosage- did your Onc recommend them/is it something you have read about? Sorry to be nosey!!
Lizabeth- I have already started taking supplements, follow an organic diet, stopped eating red meat, doing some exercise, drink lots of green tea but do fall off the wagon occasionally and have a glass of organic red wine. Not sure what else to do on the staying healthy front! My doctors don't seem to give much advice on this!
Kellenea- it's good you have such regular testing. I will see my Onc next week, then won't see him for a year, no blood tests, or scans which freaks me out. I might pay privately for a scan to make sure all is OK. It looks like your docs in the US are much hotter on keeping tabs on patients when active treatment is over.
Again, thanks so much gals. Lots of love xx
Lymph nodes clear, no vascular invasion
Stage 1, grade 1, ER+, PR-, HER2+
Had 5x FEC, on tamoxifen and herceptin
emmastarr is offline   Reply With Quote