Thread: Chemo protocols
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
Kellennea

Re: Chemo protocols

Thanks, Pat -

Glad to hear your first round isnt being too harsh on you I also worked through all of my treatment. I had chemo on Thurs, took Friday off and was back to work on Monday.

For sure get a script for the lidocaine cream. I would put it on about 45 mins before and cover it with plastic wrap until is was time to get poked.

As far as hair loss goes, my hair (yes, my hair) started hurting about a week after my first treatment and I couldnt wait to shave it off, I felt sooooo much better afterwards! I started using Ovation Cell Therapy products on my head, I really think it helped with hair growth. I used the shampoo to wash my scalp and the cell therapy as a leave in cream. It's expensive but you use so little it lasts forever. I purchased mine last December and I still have WAY over a 1/2 a bottle of each.

I hope your remaining rounds are just as easy

Kelly
11/3/10 -2.5cm tumor removed via lumpectomy, clear margins. sentinal node biopsy - nodes clear!
12/2/10 - port placement
12/2/10 to 3/17/11 - 6 rounds of taxotere, carboplatin & herceptin every 3rd week.
04/20/11 - 6/6/11 - 33 rounds of radiation
4/6/11 to 11/2/11 - 11 additional rounds of herceptin every 3rd week
7/15/11 - port removal
7/5/11 started my 5 year journey on Tamoxifen
9/4/11 -1 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
9/5/12 -2 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
8/29/12 - Started spotting after being in chemopause 1.5 years. Ultra sound detected 6cm ovary mass & very thick lining. YIKES! Taken off Tamoxifen
9/6/12 - Full abdominal hysterectomy. Pathology report came back clean... thank you baby Jesus!!
9/28/12 - Started Anastrozole
Kellennea is offline   Reply With Quote