View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
MCS

Re: California SB 791 Veoted by Gov. Brown

I asked all my friends to forward the following message so that we are all informed

PLEASE,

All I need you to do is to pass this to everyone, I mean everyone, so that they are aware of the nonsense of the veto of SB791 by Governor Jerry Brown of California. You don't have to express political opinions or sides - nothing!. Just pass on to all in your directories.

YOU don't have to be from California. The key is to pass the information of inappropriate legislation and awareness.

Gov. Brown vetoed SB791, which would have required medical providers to notify women if they have dense breast tissue, which can obscure the detection of breast cancer on a standard mammogram. The women would have to be told about the benefit for further screening.

Gov Brown vetoed it because he felt it would cause unnecessary anxiety in patients

He said that it needs to be written more to educate than prescribe. He's concerned about the language used. The California senator that proposed it may be re writing and re introducing for next year

I believe that statistically, 1 in 8 women develop breast cancer and October is breast cancer awareness month

Cosider the following questions:

Do you rather know now that further screening is necessary or find out later that you have breast cancer and that an earlier diagnosis could have made you have Stage 1 rather than Stage 4?

Would you prefer to be anxious now or be desperate later?

What would you prefer your care provider to tell you?

What if there is something to be concerned about and the cancer has metastized before your next mammogram?

Think about yourself, your sisters, your sisters with BC, your daughters, your aunts, your mothers, your girlfriends, your spouses, your partners.

Think about the time lapse of a year
MCS is offline   Reply With Quote