View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
twosenuf99

Pathology Report Post Surgery

Hi everyone,

I had my bi-lateral mastectomy with reconstruction surgery on the 3rd of October, came home Wednesday the 5th and unfortunately broke my foot on Saturday the 8th. Now I am in a wheelchair due to the surgery and not able to use crutches.. So much fun. The fracture will require surgery to place a pin so it will heal.. My son came home today with possible Strep throat..

Ok had to tell ya my week so you would sort of understand why I am extra excited to blab my news....

I do not know alot of information yet but the surgeon called with my report and she said the lymph node taken out of the left side was benign.. Has been from the beginning so was not a big surprise.. The awesome part is the right breast tissue and 11 out of 11 lymph nodes taken out say NO EVIDENCE OF CANCER FOUND.. So far my only treatment was the trial of Taxol, Herceptin and Lapatinib weekly for 16 weeks and of course the surgery last week.. Dr says this is an unusual case for her. She has never seen a response quite like this.. The trial I was on required a piece of tumor but the surgeon could not find any to send...

I am in the process of shouting this from the rooftops and knew my friends here would understand why..

I still have A/C every 2 weeks for 8 weeks, then 6 weeks daily of radiation and then 8 months every 3 weeks of Herceptin to go plus the other surgery for recon to go through but this was some huge news I could not wait to share...

Hugs and warm wishes to all..

Tracy
Diagnosed right Invasive Ductal Breast Cancer which spread to my lymph node 5-13-2011.
Between Stage 2 and 3 with tumors grade III. ER/PR- but Her2neu+++
PET Scan clear
Breast MRI showed 2 masses in left, 5 in the right and 2 in the lymph node.
Biopsy of left mass benign
Joined clinical trial which required second biopsy of one of the right masses
Port placed May 27, 2011
Began Chemo (Taxol, Herceptin and Tykerb) on June 1, 2011 - September 12, 2011
Bi-lateral Mastectomy with reconstruction (expanders) October 3, 2011
FEC 12 weeks
Radiation 6 weeks
Herceptin 8 months finish September 2012
Exchange surgery August 3, 2012
Been NED since October 2011
Lymphedema right arm since Nov 2013
twosenuf99 is offline   Reply With Quote