View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #8
anna4969

Re: Lung met question

Raquel and Joan M.

Raquel, thank you for this post. I have 3 nodules showing up on July's ct scan, the largest being 7mm. Of course, I am worried sick about this but my onc has also taken the rescan approach and that date is coming up Oct. 10th. Thus any sort of lung met question...I read immediately. Thank you for posting

Joan M. Thank you for the education on this matter. I think I understand a bit more why he is taking the waiting and rescan approach now. He has told me the very thing that they are too small to light up on the Pet and too small to biopsy. I am thinking that October's scan will be a deciding factor. My additional worry is that I have pain when I take a deep breath where the 7mm nodule was spotted at the outer edge near the lining of the lung. So not sure. I had my rad. onc followup appointment last week and she took one look at the ct scan from July and said that I have something going on in that lung where the 7mm nodule is but it's not cancer. Period. I didn't have a chance to ask more about why she was so sure. I guess I was too comforted to ask. Maybe you answered that question too in that maybe the outer edges were not what is typically seen with lung cancer? Anyway, any thougts on that?
anna4969 is offline   Reply With Quote