View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
Laurel

Re: Early menaupause and ER negative, what are my choices

Boy, FOB, that is the 50 million dollar question. Wish I had a good answer for you. The vaginal dryness is a very acute problem for many of us accompanied by atrophy and thinning of the vaginal tissues themselves. Combined it makes for an uncomfortable sex life. Some gals here like replens and it seems it is enough, not me. I have to use a tiny amount of Premarin (estrogen cream made from pregnant mare urine) to combat the atrophy. I am older than you, so I can go until I really need to employ it again, then I am forced to use it for relief. Because I am paranoid about the estrogen, I try to keep it to a minimum. Needless to say, I am blessed with a very patient and compassionate husband.

Many,many years ago when I was a teenager working in a nursing home there was one old lady who used to say, "my vagina hurts. Hey, my vagina hurts!" We used to think it odd and really quite amusing. I remember sniggering along with the rest of us young aides. Well, NOW I know what that poor old lady was complaining about!

Guess this is what I get for laughing at her....

Good luck, kiddo. Wish I had more helpful suggestions. I will be watching to see if anyone has any new ideas.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote