View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
TriciaV

Re: What would you do?

Oh and also want to add when I was first diagnosed I went to my primary care dr. complaining of pain in my right breast and found a small lump. I told him on my first visit I thought I had breast cancer, he told me I was too young 31 at the time, no family history, and breast cancer didn't hurt!!! HUH!!! he felt like it was an old breast infection since my son was nearly 2. I told him I never nursed nor ever had problems with breast infections in the past... he said oh yeah they can lay dormant and then pop up but we will do a mammogram and an ultrasound just to be sure...so that very day I went in for the mammo and ultrasound and it showed 3 masses in seperate areas of the breast, the one I could feel and two others I could not.... he said YUP just as I thought masses of infection and put me on antibiotics and sent me on my way...after two weeks of the antibiotics it was of course NO BETTER. I went back he said it was a stubborn infection and gave me another round of another kind, took those and once again not better. I return panicking a bit insisting he do a biopsy he tells me if he does he could open up my body to becoming septic and orders more antiobiotics and also talks to me about seeing a psychologist... WHAT??? I refused of course and started trying to find someone else to see. I irionically worked for our local Hospice agency and knew one of the Dr's and had her take a look at me as a friend and she told me " Tricia I can not tell you what that is, but I can tell you that is NOT an infection, You need a biopsy" she called my doctor herself as a friend of mine and told him I needed a biopsy not antibiotics and he called me right after and told me effective right away I was no longer allowed to be seen in his office again and that I would recieve written notice in the mail within the next few days. I was left in shock and scared to death, But my friend the other Dr. helped me get into a surgeon right away and got a biopsy and I was diagnosed at that time with stage 3c and 9 positive nodes and the largest tumor at that time was 7cm very large...we looked back at the first mammos and ultrasounds that the first idiot Dr did and the tumors were the size of peas grrrrrrr but because of my stats and being Her2+ and my age those tumors were growing like wild fire.
Mammo and Ultrasound found 3 seperate masses largest being 7cm. Dr was sure they were an old breast infection, gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. after three months of 4 rounds of antibiotics and fighting with the Dr. Finally had a 2nd Dr listen to me and had surgery
1/4/07 Surgical biopsy done :-(
DX stage 3c IDC er+ pr+ Her2+++ 31 years old
2 rounds ACH 6 rounds CTH ,a little healing time and then Mastectomy w/lymph node dissection, 9/27 positive nodes, a little more healing time
5/07 started another 6 rounds of cleanup chemo of CTH- Carboplatin, Taxotere and Herceptin
started Tomoxafin 9/07, Also declared NED 9/07
2009-Lymphedema- sleeve and glove
6-26-11 X-rays show suspicious spot on right 6th rib
8-25-11 another round of X-rays ordered, which also showed same spot on right 6th rib
9-1-11 Onc had bone scan done
TriciaV is offline   Reply With Quote