Thread: Tamoxifen help!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
sweetsunflwr

Unhappy Tamoxifen help!

I have been on tamoxifen for a year and 4 months. My first side effects were hot flashes and I still have them. But the pain in my bones is unbearable at times. It seems like it is a daily ritual. I get up I get ready for work once I get to work the pain starts if I do not take a pain pill I can't make it through the day. The pain started in just the legs, now it has moved to my hands and arms. I get so depressed because I can't stand for long periods of time, I can't walk for long periods of time, I can't clean nothing... I am only 41 years old and I have to rely on other people to take care of things that I used to be able to do on my own. Im very independent and this has put a big damper in my life. And I don't want to have to take pain medication the rest of the time I am on treatment which is another 4 years. Anyone else experiencing this? Please reply with your situation and what has helped you get through it please...
BRCA1 and BRCA2 - NEGATIVE
March 29, 2010- bilateral mastectomy with the left one being prophalactic--showing a 1.5-mm, invasive, component, grade 3
April 2010-Feb 2011- Reconstruction of both breasts, expanders to implants, with aerola tattooing and nipple reconstruction.
After Surgery pathology report-Pathology shows a 1.5-mm, invasive carcinoma in the setting of DCIS, grade 3
Maximum tumors the size of the DCIS being 7 mm, ER+, PR+ at 90 and 80% respectively. HER-2/neu is 3+
Taking Tamoxifen 20 mg daily for 5 years
www.byebyehooters.blogspot.com - my journey...

what lies before us are tiny matters of what lies within us, which makes us stronger
sweetsunflwr is offline   Reply With Quote