View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #28
sweetsunflwr

Re: HER2 learning more is it a bad thing?

Pmoore- That is where I am at... I have been doing alot of research on this and found this site a few days ago and have learned more about HER2+++ than I ever knew. I think Herceptin is something I should consider just to be safe. I understand your anger I would be too... And all along alot of my friends have said, why didn't you have to have chemo or radiation? Because my nodes were negative... that was what I was told. And we were dealing with a tumor size 1.5mm regardless of size it grew in my body period. He also stated that cancer cells can travel and can not be seen with the naked eye or even on Ct or Bone Scans. It sounds like a good protocol for me - in my gut I have a feeling this is going to come back to haunt me again. And if I can stop that from happening I am going to do it. Positive thoughts and a big big HUG to your Pmoore! keep your chin up! xoxo!
BRCA1 and BRCA2 - NEGATIVE
March 29, 2010- bilateral mastectomy with the left one being prophalactic--showing a 1.5-mm, invasive, component, grade 3
April 2010-Feb 2011- Reconstruction of both breasts, expanders to implants, with aerola tattooing and nipple reconstruction.
After Surgery pathology report-Pathology shows a 1.5-mm, invasive carcinoma in the setting of DCIS, grade 3
Maximum tumors the size of the DCIS being 7 mm, ER+, PR+ at 90 and 80% respectively. HER-2/neu is 3+
Taking Tamoxifen 20 mg daily for 5 years
www.byebyehooters.blogspot.com - my journey...

what lies before us are tiny matters of what lies within us, which makes us stronger
sweetsunflwr is offline   Reply With Quote