View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 02:39 AM   #16
sarah

Re: Did chemo put you into menopause?

Hello,
I think chemo and particularly the anti-estrogen drugs can give you PMS reactions, also depression can also be a cause - depression isn't just about being sad but over reacting to things - anger, sadness but heightened.
If the PMS symptoms are creating problems with your family and friends, consider going on an anti-depressant for a while until the treatment is over or you feel calmer, etc. It doesn't have to be forever - that was my worry. A friend told me I was depressed during chemo and I laughed at her having never been a depressive person but then she pointed out the other symptoms and then I spoke to the chemo doctor about it and she said yes and suggested I do a mild one for a short period of time, which I did and I stopped getting angry quickly or frustrated and felt much better. and then I stopped and life is normal again. Mine was called Paroxetene but I'm in France so might be different. I'm glad I did it because during chemo my sweet husband once said to me "I don't know what to say anymore, everything seems to be the wrong thing"
take care
health and happiness
sarah