Thread: Vertigo anyone?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 01:03 AM   #5
Chelee

Re: Vertigo anyone?

Hi Cal-Gal,
I've had vertigo before as you probably read in the link Sassy found for you. Every time I'd lay down at night the ceiling would spin. Same thing when getting up. I noticed it was always when I would turn over to my left side. It was awful...I dreaded getting up and down. I found out it was nothing more then what's called "BPPV". What stands for Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. If I remember right it's from little crystals or particles that move around in your inner ear and cause the vertigo. (It's a very common benign condition.) If it becomes to annoying most PCP's know how to do a special maneuver with your head right in their office to get rid of the vertigo. They can even teach you how to do it yourself.

OK...all that being said...I am NOT a doctor. lol So please talk to your PCP about this...or make an appt with a ENT which is your best bet. That way if its caused from something else he will know. Since you had a clean MRI I am betting on BPPV. Let us know what you find out.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote