View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #6
cyalata

Re: Has anyone asked for a test to be redone

Thank you all - I know brain mets can be controlled but mine happen to be in the lining which is more difficult. I saw my onc yesterday & they need to do wbr because there are 2 small lesions on the brain as well as the lining. I will be starting on Monday as I'm on high dose steroids & asymptomatic so they're ok with that. She's also referring me to a neuro oncologist who specializes in my particular case. So I'm starting to feel a little more hopeful about treating this. I'm so thankful I found you all - support means soooo much. Love, Gail
2/11 most gone except for small area in lower lobe of left lung & mixed bone response.
5/11 pulled muscle in groin, had MRI of skeleton, found 2 tumors one pressing on spinal cord & 1 on lumbar.
Started radiation immediately to shrink. Getting first shot Monday for bones (Xgeva sp?) starting back on Hercepin Friday & new plan of attach.
cyalata is offline   Reply With Quote