View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #15
Lien

Re: my beautiful wife update

Dear William,

I am so sorry your lovely Carol passed away, and so soon after diagnosis.
Please know that you made all the right decisions. We cannot look into the future, so we have to make do with what we know at a certain point in time. You decided what seemed best to you given the information you had. There is no more a human being can do.

Every day I make decisions for my children. Do I let them ride their bikes? Do I let them play outside when it's getting dark? Do I let them go to the movies with friends? To the pool? To the beach?

They have to learn to live their own lives, and I have to make the best choices I can. But one day, Heaven forbid, one of them may have an accident. And I will have allowed them to do something that got them to the place where it happened. Will the accident be my fault? No. I will have tried to do what was best for them, given the information I had.

I can tell from your words that you loved your wife very much. There is no way you could have saved her. This disease sometimes is unstoppable. But you have loved her. And that was probably the most important thing you could do for her. Nobody else could. Only you. And you did it.

Hugs

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote