View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #12
jml

Re: Lung Biopsy...what to expect?

Thank you everyone for your feedback & well-wishes

There's been a small change in plans - instead of a CT guided needle biopsy of the lung nodules, the Pulmonologist I met with is
suggesting we do the biopsy via bronchoscope. He says it's less invasive & lower risk of SE's and it'll give him (rather, the Interventional Pulmonologist) a chance to look around and a couple of other areas that are looking curious, like the lower R lobe where there's atelactasis and wherever it is that they see "a touch of pneumonia or pneumonitis."
One of my concerns is that this new Pulmonologist is with a different hospital system than where I've been getting my care for the past 8 years and is ~25 miles away. I just don't want any more delays in my treatment, waiting for the biopsy results to come back and deciding what/when I can resume or change treatment.
I've been off all treatment, including Vitamin H for 7 weeks now, and according to the study coordinator, if all goes as planned and I do switch to the other study, I won't start the new regimen until ~4/25.
And I've noticed that my bp has been a touch lower than normal for the past few weeks (90/55 today vs 108/76) and my resting heart rate is higher - high 80's when I wake up & 90's-100 when I'm up and about, so I'm concerned about my heart & cardiac output. I'm super lethargic and get unusually SOB carrying groceries, walking any distance/up stairs & hills. Any thoughts?
I've mentioned this to everyone, but no one seems terribly concerned. It bugs the crap out of me bc I'm not able to be active, even walking my dog to the park or participating in any of the classes I teach.

Thanks again everyone, for being part of my world.
Keep the Faith~
Jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote