Thread: Update on Kavy.
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 01:39 AM   #2
Chelee

Re: Update on Kavy.

Hi Kavy,
I am so sorry to hear your in the hospital and not feeling well. Sounds like you had alot going on so give those antibiotic's time to work. I landed in the hospital once and they weren't really sure what was going on but I was in serious condition. Was put on a wide spectrum of antibiotic's, heart moniter and with a little time I was OK, It just took longer then I planned on. Like you I was worried about them stopping my trt and felt so unprotected. So I can certainly understand why you are worried about not having your Herceptin and Tykerb. With a collapsed lung and high heart rate is probably why they stopped your trt for now. They rather play it safe. This way if anything is going on at least they know it's not caused by the Herceptin and Tykerb. (Rule those two out completely.) Your body needs to heal now. I know my trt was stopped for 21 days and I hated that--so I really do understand. My heart really goes out to you.

One of the first things they want to do is get rid of that infection as I'm sure you know. Once they do that you will start feeling better. It sounds like you have a good medical team and are getting good care. Try not to worry too much (easier said then done I know.) and get lots of rest and before you know it you will get through this. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you one really big hug. Keep us updated pls.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote