View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 08:47 AM   #10
Missyw

Re: resection of bc mets to liver prolongs survival in ER+ chemosensitive patients

Hi Lani,

I am always so grateful for your posts. I had a single met resected in June of 09. To make a very long story short, due to the location, I was not a candidate for any of the more advanced treatment options (ablation, cyberknife etc.) so resection was my only surgical option. I also went on Navelbine prior to my surgery and for a brief time thereafter. The surgery was a bit rough, but I was home in 5 days and functioning just fine. I couldn't drive for a couple of weeks. I returned to work half days after three weeks and full time after four. It is not an ideal operation, but I am still NED as of this writing, so I don't regret it at all. My onc was not thrilled with the idea, but she quickly came on board when she saw how much I wanted it. It is wonderful to have some scientific data to support the resection option. At the time, she explained her reluctance to support the surgery was because there was no data to support any additional survival time and risks were significant. Thank you again for keeping us informed of all the latest information.

Diagnosed 1/06; Her-2, er/pr+
lumpectomy
4 Rounds A/C
tiny area of interest in liver - watching
12 rounds of Taxol w/ Herceptin
tiny area cleared - Stage IV (because area responded to chemo)
Herceptin weekly
27 rounds radiation
NED 8/06
10/06 oopherectomy
Arimidex
1/07-7/07 Vaccine Trial - UW Seattle
3/09 liver met back
3/09 Navelbine, Herceptin Aromasin
6/09 Liver Resection
Missyw is offline   Reply With Quote