View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #25
Debbie L.

Re: From the CBS Early Show Do you agree with this thought?

The other thing about this is that if we are not, at some moments, in that place where we have positive thoughts -- it really doesn't help us to hear that we SHOULD have them. I think our society is often reluctant to acknowledge and validate that none of us are thinking those lovely thoughts of gratitude and positivity at every moment. I think that the way to get to those positive, healing thoughts is to allow the not-positive ones to be there, when they need to be. If we don't allow and explore them, our "positivity" will not be genuine.

We all come with different balances. Some or us are naturally up all the time -- kudos to you! Some bounce back and forth. It's only when we begin to feel permanently stuck in at the negative end of the spectrum that we need to be concerned, and to seek help. I know that's not always an easy line to draw - are we just visiting the dark side, or are we getting mired there?

I think we all benefit from acknowledging when we're visiting the dark side. Just as we do from acknowledging and sharing when we move to the positive, grateful side. But it's simplistic to think that if we point out that life is better when we "think positive", we'll all move effortlessly in that direction. It's much more complicated than that.

Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote