View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
loveher

question on birth control

Hello! I've not posted in a long time but I do still browse from time to time and still love this board. I currently have a question and since I don't have my mommy to consult with, I will ask you lovely ladies.

I've been thinking about going on birth control pills for a while, mainly to treat stubborn acne. The thing is, I'm worried about the hormones in birth control which are usually a combination of estrogen and progestin. I know that they are much lower than they used to be but being the worry wart that I am and considering my family history, I wonder if it would increase my risk of breast cancer. Does anyone know anything about there being a link between oral contraceptive and breast cancer particularly her2?

I knwo my post is so not as pertinent as other ones on here but having lived half my life with a (very brave) mom with her2 I guess I look at things in a different way, and I know you guys understand me.
Hi i'm Sue. I've been part of the her2support family since 08'. My amazing mother Hong was her 2 stage IV 9 years and bravely earned her wings, I still love this board and continue to her fight. Plz reach out if you want to connect:)
loveher is offline   Reply With Quote