View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
Sandra in GA

Re: joint pain coomon with herceptin

Candlegranny,

It looks like our diagnosises and treatment plans are very similar. I am just ahead of you. I also had a great deal of joint pain, but I do have osteo arthritis also. It seemed that when I was just taking the Herceptin and lapatinib, I had a lot of muscle cramps. Your Taxerene is very similar to the Taxol I had and boy did that drug do a number on me. I had aches and pains, numbness in both feet, low red blood count that I had to have transfusions for, and who knows what else. Now lthat you are just on Herceptin, your aches and pains should gradually get better. I still have numbness in the toes on my right foot and have decided that this may not get better. In Feb it will be two years since I finished that stuff. So this isn't too bad.

My onc did order scans at about the same time you are having yours. I am sure yours will be fine. I just had a return visit this week and got excellent reports on scans, blood work, and tumor markers. The best thing is I don't have to see him for six months. That was music to my ears.

Please remember that you are finished with the worst part of your treatment and when you get all finished, you will be surprised at how strong and wonderful you will feel. It will take a little time, but you will!

Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote