View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #79
Barbara H.

Re: What can we do about the delay of TDM-1

Hi Susan,
I suggest that you call the breast oncology unit at the Dana Farber and mention what you want to do and why you want to do it. I would also mention that you received this information from this website and that the thread was started by a patient at Dana Farber who was on TDM-1 for two years in a trial. There is currently no way for patients at Dana Farber to receive this drug for compassionate care. You are dealing with patient privacy issues so if you are unsuccessful with receiving information or help, post again and I will contact my oncologist to see if he has patients who would be willing to speak with you.

This is a major medical issue because it is a miracle drug that is very easy to tolerate, and there are cancer patients who will lose their lives if they do not receive this drug soon. They can not wait until 2012. They have used up their chemo options. After a breast cancer patient has used a number of chemo drugs, the drugs that are left do not seem to work well or at all. This targeted therapeutic drug has a good response rate for this population.

Thank you for your help.
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote