View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
Unregistered

Re: First POST: Liver resection, hormones, Her2+++ Lots of Questions

Hi -
Steph N here posting from away from home.

You have certainly done a lot of work in forwarding your understanding of this disease and what is happening in your own body.

One thing that struck me is that your HER2 serum number is lower than mine! If that number of 5.9 is correct you are way within normal range and the chemos are probably doing the job of killing your tumors.
This is one reason I would wait and watch your liver and concentrate on the breast area. And you will continue on some targeted drugs which will also work to keep your liver clear. If there is no significant uptake in your liver, I would say you could watch it. You may find that where the tumor was will not even show a scar and the liver will regenerate.

I know a few women who did have liver RFA, but only one who had the resection. The SIR spheres seemed to be the least successful from the reports I know about.

You can try to work on your diet to help your liver. There are some detox teas that are good and I took Milk Thistle for a couple of years. My aim was to take the toxic load off my liver, since it is basically a large filter.

Keep asking the questions and you will get more replies. Glad to hear that you are tolerating the treatment so well. You must be a strong young woman to start with!