View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #9
Sherryg683

Re: New to this.. Just dx dcis/idc Scared

Once you get over the pure fear of dying you get into a mode of fighting it and beating it. Then at some point in your battle, it was around year 2 for me, I decided that I was no longer going to let the cancer own me and my emotions, it was ruining what life I had left and I would not allow that anymore. My prognosis was not good I was told less than 19 percent 5 year survival rate. I just knewI was a dead person waiting to happen. It will be 5 years cancer free for me in December and Im glad I didn't waste all those years obcessed with cancer. I put it in the back of my mind. Bring them out and deal with it, cry, get depressed, then lock it back up where it belongs. I won't let it take the life I have left. I didn't have any symptoms of my lung mets, was in very good physical shape, it's through six month scans that they keep track of me. God is not angry with you, he doesn't work that way. God listens to everyone, sometime he doesn't give us the answer we want, why, I don't understand that , someday we will. But he does gives signs that he's around and listening, you may have to look for the signs but they're there...Don't lose faith and don't jump to any unfounded conclusions until you get the facts. As I would tell myself "there's no use burrying yourself when the body still looks good and is running fine".
\\

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote