View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
Jean

Re: Dr. Edith Perez give great stats....

Hi Sarah,
The nature of this study was for early stage. I will do some searching and see if there is any current information on later stage study with stats. We do know that many later stage patients are surviving while on herceptin and even after stopping treatment.
Andi, who was on herceptin for over 12 yrs. and now is off herceptin and still NED, and Christine, are just two that quickly come to mind. Also keep in mind Sarah, that even when dx. in the later stages each case is different and great strides are being made in that area also.

Barb, wishing your sister the best as she finishes her treatment. These clips give all having treatment encouraging uplift as they complete their treatment.
So many women feel worried when the herceptin treatment is concluded. Often times after being on herceptin for the year women will say - "I almost don't want to stop, will the cancer return" at least this will offer encouragment to many that we are making strides - the stats show this, as Dr. Perez states. This study is showing our treatments are getting better.

Sheila - I know she is just wonderful - very encouraging
and a true fighter for all of us. She was doing another study about five years ago when I was first dx. and I reached out to her and she got on the phone and discussed my questions. She was a great help to me in those early days of dx. Very dedicated and committed doctor for us. (love you Sheila)..Glad you are feeing better.
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006

Last edited by Jean; 09-01-2010 at 09:42 AM..
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote