View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 08:30 AM   #4
freyja

Re: Life after treatment

Oh yeah, it can get better. I think you know that, too, otherwise you wouldn't be longing for it so much. You sound just like me when I finished Herceptin last August, and now I no longer work for the corporate chain store I was at and I'm back in college and have traveled and got a dance teaching certificate and I'm the happiest ever. I had that same aching hunger to not waste my time doing things that feel so unappreciated and unfulfilling. We fought cancer! Somehow the old daily grind just seems futile compared to that, am I right? Listen to that nagging in your mind and take one step at a time. I was shocked at the amount of opportunities that presented themselves when I just took the leap of faith to find them. I got scholarships, grants, jobs, publicity...it was all very hard work to make happen, but it's out there, just go get it! People will be so happy to help you, just ask. Maybe your boss or coworkers would even have ideas. Think about what you loved when you were five years old, or ten or eighteen. It's probably what you would love to do for the rest of your long life.
Why not?
Celeste

"Dancers Against Cancer" in the Eugene, OR Komen Race for the Cure 2010
Diagnosed 8/7/08 with stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma, micropapillary pattern, Her2 3+, ER+,PR-, grade II, positive lymph nodes.
Received 6doses of Taxotere, Carboplatin with Herceptin continuing for a year...DONE.
1/28/09 Left Modified Radical Mastectomy, Right Simple Mastectomy.
Surgery pathology: No invasive carcinoma present and 17 lymph nodes removed all negative! Only small amount of carcinoma in situ in left breast.
March/April '09, Radiation to left chest wall.
Currently involved in Neratinib clinical trial.

"Well being I won
and wisdom too,
I grew and joyed in my growth;
from a word to a word
I was led to a word
from a deed to another deed." (Odin)

freyja is offline   Reply With Quote