View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #49
Darlene Denise

Re: Completely off topic but can someone tell me

Was going to add my 2 cents on skin care and I see Andi beat me to some of it. Secret weapon, SHISEDO! I have used it for about 15 years religiously and have added some and changed some products during chemo treatments. Often someone in the chemo room will lean over and say we all talk about how good your skin always looks! Even my 65 year old onc says, you don't look 50 even with all this poison I've been giving you the last couple of years. I tell him it's my secret Japanese formula, Shisedo and it costs about as much as chemo!!

First get your funds together, it's not cheap to buy the several products at one time. They really last a long time and are so worth it. Be sure to visit a counter only when the Shiesdo rep is available. It is a very prescriptive line and you need someone who really knows what you need. Don't let the Arden or Lancome lady come over and just ask what you want.

Get the facial brush. Best $20 bucks spent. I have had mine for years and it still looks and works like new. It works great with the Creamy cleansing foam (put a pea size in you palm, add a little H20, use the brush to whip it ito lot's of foam and circulate it all over your face with the brush.) The brush is extra soft and has little rubber nubs in the middle which increase circulation and the brush helps ex foliate. Plus this helps save on the amount of creamy cleansing foam you need. You will waste too much if you try it with a cloth or even your fingers.

You will find the products you need in the Bio Performance line and some in the Benefiance line. These are best for very dry skin. If you can swing it, the Future line is wonderful. One last tip, buy the expensive pack of facial cotton. It is made with silk and it holds your toner perfectly and doesn't soak it up like the cheap cotton pads so that more of it goes on your face. I sometimes peal them in half for two thin sheets to get more product on my face and stretch the silk/cotton pads. I works great with Benefiance Softener with oil. This one is good with really dry skin. I love their foundations. They all have treatments in them. I like the Sun Protection Very Waterproof Liquid SPF 43. I buy the dark shade and a light one in my skin tone I mix them through out the year for a perfect match.

Well, I'm not a hairdresser like Brenda, but my husband is and he has a salon, so thoughts on the hair thing. Be gentle with that little bit of hair. It will probably continue to change texture and growth pattern as it grows out, so you're never sure how you will be cutting a styling your hair. Odds are it will not look anything like before. Real short hair like yours as a light blond will look sparse and if you go with a properly toned light brown or dark blond it will look thicker. Plus darker color deposits more pigment into the hair making seem a little fuller. The depth from a darker tone will also look more shiny/healthy. Maybe have a few special effects highlights put around your face for that blond you are looking for. If it's real short, juts a few on the tips could be nice. Use a nice sulfate free shampoo like Hydrating Pureology.

Wish we could all get together and play skin care and beauty salon with each other. Of course, martinis and jamies would be a nice way to go!

Oh, yeah, looks like my newer treatment of Navelbine and Hercepin is working on my liver! You guys might have to put up with a while longer now!!

Sending well wishes for smooth skin, great hairs, and good days...Darlene
05/12/08 HERCEPTIN EVERY 3 WKS
08/22/08 BRAIN METS! 8 <5MM
09/17/08 CYBERKNIFED BRAIN METS
10/20/08 BRAIN METS SHRINKING
12/29/08 BRAIN SCAN SHOWS 1 LESION GONE, 7 SHRINKING & STABLE, 1MM ? SPOT
01/16/09 LIVER REOCUR-XELODA/HERCEPTIN
03/02/09 BRAIN SCAN 2 LESIONS GONE, 5 STABLE, 1MM ? SPOT STILL A ?
3/27/09 REGRESSION OF 2 LIVER LESIONS XELODA & HERCEPTIN
06/08/09 STUPID BRAIN HAS 3 LESIONS
06/29/09 CYBERKNIFE
07/01/09 LIVER REGRESSION NO NEW METS
07/07/09 TYKERB XELODA HERCEPTIN
11/11/09 GEMZAR/HERCEPTIN FOR LIVER PROGRESSION
03/22/10 BRAIN MRI GOOD-3 SMALL NECROSIS LEFT FROM ORIG 11!!
03/26/10 CHANGE TO NAVELBINE/HERCEPTIN 3 LIVER LESIONS PROGRESSING IN SIZE
05/21/10 NAVELBINE/HERCEPTIN WORKING!
07/19/10 GOOD BRAIN MRI
08/20/10 LIVER PROGRESSION
09/08/10 TDM1 - NASHVILLE TN
01/10/11 LIVER RESPONDING TO TDM1
Darlene Denise is offline   Reply With Quote