View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #19
DianneS

Re: Striking a Major Nerve

Hi lizm100,

Yes fear is a driving factor and doesn't say much about all the freedom one hears Americans are supposed to have. We have free speech here in Canada as well and are quite free to express our opinions about anything and everything, and we do!

What has happened to you with your health care insurance is precisely what Michael Moore was pointing out in his documentary "Sicko". I went to see the movie even though I don't live in the US anymore. Getting educated on all issues relative to healthcare in the US is important. Mr. Moore may be seen in different lights by different people, but he did have some interesting FACTS in his documentary that a lot of politicians want to pretend don't exist.

What these insurance companies are doing, such as the one you have, is nothing short of murder. Who doesn't have a pre-existing condition? To turn someone down who has had cancer or any illness, or to increase premiums because of such an illness is Machiavellian, inhumane, and for a so-called Christian country - un-Christian. I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this stuff. You shouldn't have to worry about money when you're stressed out enough as it is.

Well - I have to disagree with you about some of the countries you mentioned who say the US has superior care. That may be what they hear on American TV, but France is #1 in the world as far as medical care. I do know that the US is #39 in the world as far as health care, and that is sad indeed considering some of the countries who rated better are hardly industrialized countries.

So I'm off my soapbox, and if some of you guys are still convinced socialized medicine/national healthcare is a communist plot, I am sorry for you. It is working for the rest of the planet.

Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote