View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #18
chrisy

Re: To ALL - Please Remember Our Focus

Debbie -
I agree with your FIRST post,
If we want a supportive and interesting discussion group to happen here -- a group that represents and supports all members of the "HER2 club-that-no-one-wants-to-join" -- then I agree - let's not get into politics, nor religion. Let's look at breast cancer research and try to understand what is currently known about the science of breast cancer and how very much is yet to be learned about it before we'll be able to accomplish the goal that we all desire - an end to death from breast cancer.

And when we disagree, let's still just talk about the evidence to support our stances. We may never come to agreement but we can maintain respect, and we can learn.

Your posts are always thought provoking and well reasoned - and I think an important part of the discussion. You have not "changed the tone" of the board except maybe in a positive way by ALWAYS staying on the respectful side of the line. I applaud you and what you bring to the discussion. Thank you for questioning and encouraging meaningful discussion - you're right, we all learn from that.

Joe
, we cannot avoid discussion of the issues around the current events - especially when they concern issues of access to care and our very survival. I see nothing inconsistent with the mission and vision of the boards in having this discussion - as long as it is respectful. The recent hoo ha over the mammograms hits us from every angle - including multiple NEWS posts on this website!

In my opinion it would be extremely helpful and supportive to the needs of the group to give reasonable discussion of these issues oxygen, not cut it off. I agree strongly with the suggestion to have a separate forum where those who want to can safely discuss these issues without being attacked, and those who do not wish to participate can safely get the support they need and deserve without stumbling into discussion threads that are not comfortable for them.

Just my 2 cents...

10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote