View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #22
Laurel

Unhappy Re: Does Anyone Know Why We Are No Longer to Do Self Exams?

No, Carolyn, but it is a good question and I am glad you asked. I am merely extrapolating given the silly stance taken regarding SBEs and Mammos that the next trial balloon to be floated could be no aggressive treatment for Stage IV cancer. It only takes a few studies to declare the treatment of Stage IV cancer as "statistically" not beneficial in light of its enormous expense vs response. They will exert that it takes X amount of dollars (and we all know our care is hugely expensive) to achieve a "statistically insignificant" response to treatment....that for every dollar spent only .000000X % of those treated receive any lasting OS....and that money could be better spent on prevention.....

OH WAIT! STRIKE THAT LAST BIT! No! No! We cannot afford to spend on prevention, mammos are tooooooooo expensive and self breast exams tooooooo stressful....All righty then! So! Will all you nice ladies just stop fussing about dying and more on already? For the better good and all that...okay, Ladies?

Are ya gettin' my drift here? A good analogy is that of the lobster happily swimming along in the pot of water as the cook (the Feds) slowly turn up the heat a bit at time. He never knows he is boiling alive, or that he is going to die.

I am strongly suggesting this is an incremental path by design, a cruel means to an end. Yours and mine.....

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote