View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Mary Jo

Re: How do you feel during the holidays?

Hi Tonya....What an interesting post. One I think we can all relate to.... to some degree or another.

I just lost a dear friend to cancer a few weeks ago. I remember visiting with her for the last time while she was dying. I remember feeling "guilty" or maybe a better way to state that is to say that I wondered why. Why some survive and why some do not. My conclusion..........we are all terminal. Some just don't know of "what" yet. None of us are getting out of this life alive. We will all "pass away" and it's just a matter of when. For the time being.....we are here to love and be loved. We do what we must to be healthy and "live" while we are here. So, no reason to feel guilty. You are here because you are suppose to be here. You have a purpose. We all do. So keep up the "fight" girlfriend...until your Lord calls you away.

I think I enjoy the holiday's more now than I use too because I now focus on the tree meaning and try to let the rest go......no always so perfect families........the hustle and bustle.....money etc. I focus on loving...sharing.....and being all God wants me to be. That brings me peace and helps me stay in a joyful place way more often than before breast cancer.

Love and blessings Tonya...

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06