View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 07:36 AM   #9
Laurel

Red face Re: Striking a Major Nerve

Brenda,

Whether you agree or disagree with what a member, or as has been the case lately, non-members, post is not material. You still have rights in this country and forum and may simply chose to enter into discussions of your choice. That is to say, if you do not wish to opine on a given topic, simply do not go to the subject, or tarry there to read the posts.

Health care is a vitally important subject. Voices need to be heard and dissenting and favorable opinions alike weighed and considered carefully. To classify this as a simple political discussion is foolish indeed. Too much is at stake for you personally to dismiss the debate on the full and complete restructuring of our great nation's health system as merely politics. This is something the powers that be in Washington had better get right, because we will all have to live with it forever. Hence, the concern on my part that this is being rushed through with little true debate and certainly with little disclosure to the public, and even less contemplation and wrestling on the part our elected officials whom few have read the bill. God help us all if this is a debacle, poorly conceived and executed. Your future and mine rests upon this being carefully crafted. There is no urgency that I can see, so please tell me why the hasty path to ratifying a bill that has not been debated, nor even read, nor shared with the public? Seriously, I am in earnest, please tell me.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote