Thread: Sad day...
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 06:18 AM   #13
Ruth

Re: Sad day...

Thank you all for posting ~ it makes me not feel so alone. The families have tried to get someone to notice what appears to be a cancer cluster (CDC; Ga environmental non-profit groups) but with all the red tape and paperwork, attorneys its almost as if you need an Erin to come to town. The good news it seems that whatever happened in the 70's didn't seem to pass to new people moving in the neighborhood or didn't seem to have any effect on pregnancies/birth defects etc later on. All of the people that we have lost were original home owners or at the time young children that moved there then. I am so very thankful that my Mom seems to be just fine. I found out this week that two other people passed away...young...that lived on the next street over that I didn't realize. They moved out in the 80's but with the latest talk of another cancer death these two were brought up by mutual friends. One was a girl my age thats family moved there in the 70's that died of BC in her late 20's. I didn't know. And another father that died of a rare form of leukemia. So even though I was pretty convinced something didn't seem right, I am really convinced now.
Thank you all. I try to be positive as much as I can but the news of Renee's mom's death just sent me in a unhappy state. :-(
Love you all ~ Ruth

Diagnosed 6/03 nursing daughter
Dose dense A/C 4x
Modified rad mast 8/03
IDC; 3 cm; 10+/16 nodes; ER/PR-; Her2+++
Weekly taxol w/Herceptin (off label) 12x's
40 weeks Herceptin
Radiation 33x
Reconstruction w/ implants 05 & 07
NED
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote