View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #10
vlcarr

Re: First TCH treatment - abdominal pain

Thank you all so much for your advice and sharing your experiences. Wanted to let you all know that I had my appt today with the onc and just as I already knew, it's all part of chemo. I just seem to be getting hit really hard with the stomach issues.

My stomach has been constantly hurting since Sunday and even when I have diarr it doesn't make it feel better. I thought it was getting better today but flared back up again. I ate chicken broth last night but it just ran right through me.

Jean, I've been trying to eat yogurt (probably not enough) but will take your advice and get it down as I think it will help.

My onc asked me a lot of questions about the stomach pain and did an exam. It seemed she wanted to rule out something, and did, but I felt too bad to ask what it was! I'm glad she wanted to see me--made me feel like she will be on top of things.

I now have a patch for nausea if I need it, as the Zefron 3 times a day wasn't always doing the trick. She also gave me Dicyclomine for stomach spams and some low dose Loritab. She saw some indication that mouth sores were next. I got those on Tykerb, and since my throat has been hurting I was afraid they were coming.

My husband asked my onc to look at my mastectomy scar (I thought it was ok) but turns out it's not. My onc called my surgeon on her cell phone (how cool was that?) and told her what was going on. Seems it's not healing like it should and I have to put neos ointment on it until the black falls off. She said it would come off and have to heal back up again but it should be fine. Of course, the chemo is not helping the healing process.

With all that said, my problems seem nothing to what some of you brave warriors are dealing with right now.

I keep thinking how can I whine when so many of you are dealing with cancer again and again. You are such an inspiration to me and your posts give me courage.

I need that strength and courage now because I sure have been having a pity party the past couple of days, and wondering if I will ever make it through 5 more of these treatments.

Love to you all and I will "Put on my big girl panties and deal with it"
Grade 3
Sentinel Node Biopsy-speck present in 1 node
Completed 3 month clinical trial of weekly Herceptin and 1000mg Tykerb daily
Tumor no longer present
Right mastectomy and lymph node removal 09/25/09
No cancer present at time of surgery, none in lymph nodes
Start TCH 10/15, every 3 weeks for 4 months followed by radiation
Finished chemo 01/28/10-YEAH!
Herceptin every 3 wks until end of June
Radiation begins 03/01, 6 1/2 weeks
Radiation complete--Yeah!!
Developed lymphedema after radiation
In hospital for 4 days with pneumonia:(
Herceptin done! 06/24/10
Port Removed 07/08/10
Still in PT for lymphedema and mobility issues
DIEP Reconstruction 05/11
I can be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it~~Maya Angelou
vlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote