Thread: Neratinib Trial
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #18
TSund

Re: Neratinib Trial

Lisa,

I'm sure someone in Chicago is doing it.

Dana, I have a feeling Ruth won't even decide or get going on this until after Christmas. Personally I might be happier if she would pursue more immediately, but this has to be her choice. We are going to the Philippines for Christmas and I think she just does not want to deal with the possibility of side affects during that trip. We are also leaving the country during Thanksgiving, so it makes everything a little more complicated.

MaryAnne, I am SO glad that you are happy with your oncologist. It's so important. Ruth is going to Baylor Hospital in Dallas and works with Dr. Joyce O'Shaughnessy, who is quite a wonderful doctor and researcher. (which would be why she has such immediate knowledge/access into these trials. We had to fight hard to get with her initially, but once Ruth was a patient it was great. She is a remarkable woman.

Googling her is an interesting thing as she is also often quoted in media articles on breast cancer. It seems she is one of the "go to" people for an accessible and knowledgable interview.

I think this trial is involving a large number of patients, and you have two years from the end of initial treatment (end of Herceptin in Ruth's case) so enroll. Should be pretty accessible for many folk I hope.

Best to all!

Terri
Breast MRI showed 2 enlarged nodes, not palpable
100%ER+, 95%PR+, HER2+++
6x pre-surgery TCH chemo finished 9/15/7 Dramatic tumor shrinkage
1 year Herceptin till 6/08
MRM 10/11/07, SNB: 0/4 nodes + Path: tumors reduced to only a few "scattered cells"
now 50% ER+, PR- ???
Rads finished 1/16/08
Added Tamoxifen,
Finished Herceptin 05/08
NOW is the time to appreciate life to the fullest.

Last edited by TSund; 10-21-2009 at 10:35 AM..
TSund is offline   Reply With Quote