Thread: Neratinib Trial
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #8
TSund

Re: Neratinib Trial

Hi Michele,

Yes, this is a pre-metastatic trial. I would suppose Ruth's stage was 3 a/b/c but it is a little hard to call. Her situation seems somewhat unusual in that her tumors were absolutely huge (multi-focal, 9cm+) but there is not absolute certainty that her nodes were involved. (the onc thinks probably yes) She had pre-surgery chemo, and the TCH+ shrank the tumors to basically nothing, and the sentinel node biopsy was negative, so she did not end up having all nodes out as would normally be the case in a cancer of this size.

Strange and mysterious but I'm sure not fighting it.

So, while she had an incredible positive result with the initial treatment, who knows if more treatment is necessary or not, and whether this trial could provide more insurance.

I'm of the mind lately that we or someone should go on the trial and send them to Sheila. Drives me nuts that Ruth can get this drug and all of these scans for free and Sheila cannot get the treatment she urgently needs.
Breast MRI showed 2 enlarged nodes, not palpable
100%ER+, 95%PR+, HER2+++
6x pre-surgery TCH chemo finished 9/15/7 Dramatic tumor shrinkage
1 year Herceptin till 6/08
MRM 10/11/07, SNB: 0/4 nodes + Path: tumors reduced to only a few "scattered cells"
now 50% ER+, PR- ???
Rads finished 1/16/08
Added Tamoxifen,
Finished Herceptin 05/08
NOW is the time to appreciate life to the fullest.
TSund is offline   Reply With Quote