View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
vlcarr

Tumor continues to shrink

My tumor that started out at 8cm is now 5x3 cm after 4 weeks of herceptin/tykerb. I've been feeling really fatigued the past 2 weeks and labs showed my potassium was really low so I had a drip that took 2 hours last week plus potassium pills I take twice a day. They said the drugs can cause that but I also take a water pill for my b/p so they had me discontinue that but I still take my other b/p pill. Has anyone experienced this potassium problem? It was amazing how much better I've felt after getting the drip. Didn't feel too well today but still better than I had been. They will check my levels again this Thursday (treatment day). I haven't had the rash I've seen many have talked about but did develop sores in my mouth. I'm using a mouth rinse called Prevention which was impossibile to find in Nashville. My local Walgreens did order it for me. The doctor also gave me some mouthwash the pharmacy labeled "majic mouthwash" which numbs your entire mouth. It's not fun but it does help with the pain. The sores seem to be getting better but I have to be careful what I eat-definitely no citrus.
vlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote