Thread: Please !!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #17
Mary Jo

Hi "sisters" & "brothers!" I truly do look at each of you in this way...... I check up OR should I say check in every day....often more than once per day. You see, I love you all, and feel the need to check in on those I love. I don't agree with everyone on this board either....but as Becky said......"ignore" is an option. Overall though, I care about everyone here.

I, too, do not like to talk too much about myself as I know that compared to what many of you go through, I have nothing much to contribute . However, I do like to encourage (or I try too) and praying for your needs is something I do as I read a post from someone going through a bad time.

Can I say this though.....as a 4 year NED survivor I continue to come back to grow and get stronger as I read of those of you who are stage 4 and struggling with constant treatment. I've learned through your strength and determination that if my cancer ever does return I know I can get through it as many of you do on a daily basis. I see your strength.....I see your determination and your posts build those of us up who often are preparing ourselves (although somewhat subconsiously) for the day our cancer MIGHT return........ALTHOUGH also learning to live one day at a time but still growing and learning in this world we were thrown into.

This post probably doesn't make a lot of sense (I tend to ramble ) but what does make sense (at least to me) is each of you - us.............OUR struggles and successes but most of all the love and understanding we all seek.

Hugs....

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06